This is a short post mainly because my response will only be one side of a coin, and cannot cover the whole of history. After reading this I encourage you to ask someone else what historical event they would love to have witnessed, and what events they’ve witnessed that people of the future will look back and wish they’d seen firsthand? Let’s get this historical conversation rolling . . .
- The crucifixion of Jesus Christ
- The immaculate(?) conception of Jesus Christ
- A miracle performed by Jesus Christ (was it the real deal?)
- An evening at the Palace of Versailles under the rule of King Louis XV
- Christopher Columbus’ first trip to the New World
- Apollo 11’s moon landing
- Gladiatorial show in Ancient Rome
- Eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D.
- Be an attendant at one of the infamous dinner parties Plato wrote about
- Socrates’ trial
- Be in the recording studio as The Beatles recorded Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- The stock market crash of 1929
- Woodstock festival
- King Charles I’s execution
- The Big Bang
- The first creature/ life form being created
- Dinosaurs roaming on Earth
- Martin Luther King Jr.’s ‘I have a dream’ speech
- The birth of Google
- Listen to the fluent Latin conversations in Ancient Rome
This list barely scratches the surface, but are just a few (somewhat generic) things I would love to have witnessed.
How about you?